Answers to frequently asked questions about Sanctuary Yoga. Think we should have answered something else in our Yoga FAQ? Let us know below. Thanks!
Covid-19 Safety Protocols for Outdoor Classes
We want to ensure that we provide you a place of refuge and community support that we always have, just with a few new policies and procedures in place during this time. Please read all of the following protocols and be prepared to follow them:
- You must pre-register and pre-pay. No walk-ins.
- Face coverings are required upon arrival and exit. The only time face coverings can come off is during practice on your own mat.
- Only arrive 5-10 min before the class starts. No earlier. Come in clothes you are going to practice in.
- Bring your own mats, props and water.
- You will have a temperature check upon arrival.
- If you have symptoms, (even allergy-related), please stay home and take one of our online classes.
- Class size is limited to 9 students and one instructor.
- Because of the limited class size, there will be NO refunds or exchanges.
- Mats will be 6 feet apart. You’ll see flags marking where you may place your mat.
- Please use the hand sanitizer (set up at entrance) upon arrival.
- Please use the bathroom before coming to class and to only use the bathroom at the studio if it is an emergency.
- We’ll have bug spray, but feel free to bring your own.
- Please be mindful as we navigate this new approach to yoga classes at Sanctuary Yoga.
Where can we park?
Street parking in front of the studio is available on South 8th, Gibson, and Treadwell. Please avoid using the parking lots across the street from the studio from 9-5 Mon-Fri as they are private lots. After-hours parking in these lots is OK. If the streets around the studio are full, there is always plenty of parking on Treadwell on the other side of South Lamar.
Which classes are good options for beginners?
Sanctuary offers a wide range of healing-centered classes focused on safety and accessibility. If you are new to yoga we welcome you to join most of our classes. Our teachers are highly skilled and will be able to offer options for all levels. We recommend some yoga experience for Power Vinyasa and Vinyasa Flow.
Another great option for beginners is private yoga. If you are interested in scheduling a private yoga session please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
New to our studio? Save time by creating your profile here, or arrive 15 minutes early to class to take care of the paperwork.
Can we bring kids?
All ages are welcomed to attend class at Sanctuary Yoga. We do ask that any children under the age of 15 years old come with an adult over the age of 18. We recommend parents to speak with their children about proper yoga etiquette.
Are the classes heated?
Classes are not heated. You can expect most classes to be room temperature 68-72 degrees.
What do we need to bring to class?
We advise that everyone bring a yoga mat and water to class. If you do not have a mat, we have mats that you may borrow. We ask that they are cleaned with our mat spray before you return them. If you forget water, we have a filtered water station available.
How early do we need to arrive?
Due to construction, parking can be a challenge at certain times of the day. We recommend that you arrive early enough to park and get to class on time, usually about 10-15 minutes early. If you are a new student please make sure to arrive at the studio 15 minutes early to check you in. To save time you can create your profile and sign up for classes online.
Submit a question
Think we should have answered something else in our Yoga FAQ? Let us know. Thanks!