Answers to frequently asked questions about Sanctuary Yoga. Think we should have answered something else in our Yoga FAQ? Let us know below. Thanks!
We want to ensure that we provide you a place of refuge and community support that we always have, just with a few new policies and procedures in place during this time.
- We are maintaining our high cleaning and sanitary standards in the Sanctuary and continue to disinfect doorknobs, countertops, check-in ipads, and commonly shared surfaces on a regular basis.
- All studio prop usage is at your personal discretion, teachers will not be requiring any props during classes at this time. Please bring your own mat and props if possible.
- Teachers will not be offering hands-on adjustments until further notice.
- The regular class schedule will continue on as usual. As a small, local non-profit we hope to continue to see you for practice and encourage you to continue to support other small neighborhood businesses as well.
- Please look after yourself and the community by staying home if you feel sick. There is no penalty for late cancellations and you will not be charged if you choose not to attend.
Where can we park?
Street parking in front of the studio is available on South 8th, Gibson, and Treadwell. Please avoid using the parking lots across the street from the studio from 9-5 Mon-Fri as they are private lots. After-hours parking in these lots is OK. If the streets around the studio are full, there is always plenty of parking on Treadwell on the other side of South Lamar.
Which classes are good options for beginners?
Sanctuary offers a wide range of healing-centered classes focused on safety and accessibility. If you are new to yoga we welcome you to join most of our classes. Our teachers are highly skilled and will be able to offer options for all levels. We recommend some yoga experience for Power Vinyasa and Vinyasa Flow.
Another great option for beginners is private yoga. If you are interested in scheduling a private yoga session please contact us at email@example.com.
New to our studio? Save time by creating your profile here, or arrive 15 minutes early to class to take care of the paperwork.
Can we bring kids?
All ages are welcomed to attend class at Sanctuary Yoga. We do ask that any children under the age of 15 years old come with an adult over the age of 18. We recommend parents to speak with their children about proper yoga etiquette.
Are the classes heated?
Classes are not heated. You can expect most classes to be room temperature 68-72 degrees.
What do we need to bring to class?
We advise that everyone bring a yoga mat and water to class. If you do not have a mat, we have mats that you may borrow. We ask that they are cleaned with our mat spray before you return them. If you forget water, we have a filtered water station available.
How early do we need to arrive?
Due to construction, parking can be a challenge at certain times of the day. We recommend that you arrive early enough to park and get to class on time, usually about 10-15 minutes early. If you are a new student please make sure to arrive at the studio 15 minutes early to check you in. To save time you can create your profile and sign up for classes online.
Submit a question
Think we should have answered something else in our Yoga FAQ? Let us know. Thanks!